Ayurvedic Treatment for Paralysis
Ayurvedic Treatment for Paralysis mainly focuses on helping a paralysed person adapt to life by making them as independent as possible. Paralysis in Ayurveda is called as Pakshaghat which is one of the Vata vyadhis mentioned in the classical texts. Ayurvedic treatment for Paralysis consists of several types of massages that relax the muscles and stimulate nerves. Therapies that correct vata Doshas also are also considered as important Ayurvedic treatment for Paralysis.
What is a paralysis?
What are the causes of paralysis?
The main cause of Paralysis is the impairment of nerves in the spinal cord or brain. Stroke, head injury, spinal cord injury and multiple sclerosis are considered as the four most common causes of Paralysis. However, some more brain disorder, infections, or even environmental toxins can also cause Paralysis. Have a look at the following list that gives the causes of Paralysis.
• Neurological diseases, such as Cerebral Palsy, Bell’s Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, and Peripheral Neuropathy
• Infectious or autoimmune diseases such as HIV, Lyme disease, Spondylitis, and Guillain-Barre syndrome
• Serious or life-threatening conditions such as brain tumor, trauma, hemorrhage, or stroke
• Trauma such as a herniated vertebral disk, broken or severed spinal cord, or direct trauma to a nerve
• Environmental factors such as toxins, radiation or poisons
What are the signs and symptoms of paralysis?
Paralysis impairs the muscle power and thus may result in total or partial immobility. Even if it is a partial Paralysis it has a significant effect on the other systems in the body. The common signs and symptoms of Paralysis include,
• Changes to circulation and respiration
• Changes to the kidneys and gastrointestinal system
• Changes to muscles, joints, and bones
• Spasticity of the limbs
• Muscle spasms
• Pressure sores
• Blood clots in the lower limbs
• Feelings of numbness or pain
• Skin injury
• Bacterial infection
• Disruption of the normal working of the tissues, glands, and organs
• Loss of control of urination
• Sexual difficulties
• Abnormal sweating
• Abnormal breathing or heart rate
• Balance problems
• Behavioral issues
• Difficulty speaking or swallowing
• Vision problems
• Pain and swelling in Knee? Get it treated with natural therapies
Get the best Ayurvedic treatment for paralysis